We finally got our tree this weekend but my Christmas shopping has not caught up with the calendar. Fortunately, we still have a little time to avoid pre-Christmas panic at the mall. If you’re looking for ideas with a Southern twist, check out the list below to find gifts from artwork to jewelry (visit each web site for retail locations and shipping policies – not all items are guaranteed for Christmas arrival). I know some of these items will be on my wish list!
- Bourbon and Boots – B&B is THE site for Southern eye candy, look no further if you want your gift to stand out on Christmas morning. They feature a state-by-state gift guide for the holidays – North Carolina made items include an elegant monogram necklace, Mason jar lights, and “Uncommon Greeting Cards” (with sassy sayings like “I love you more than bacon” and “thanks for putting up with my sh*t).
- The Old Try – Relocated from Boston to Charlotte, this husband and wife-run letterpress designs Southern-inspired posters and apparel. I love their regional T-shirts, a casual/fun way to show your hometown loyalty to places like “Tobacco Road”, “Piedmont” and “C. Hill” (i.e. a fitting abbreviation for Chapel Hill).
- Carolina Shoppe – Carolina Shoppe offers gifts from sports memorabilia to home decor for (North and/or South) Carolina lovers.
- Southern Season – A mecca for Southern foodies, you can find unique gifts at Southern Season to delight culinary-inclined friends and introduce Yankees to specialties like cheese straws, peanuts and barbeque.
- North Carolina jewelry designers – Local fashionistas aren’t the only ones decked out in creations by NC jewelry designers, Oprah Magazine recently featured country star Trisha Yearwood in earrings by the Charlotte-based Addison Weeks line.
Designed by Charlotte sisters, the Twine & Twig Style line stands out with its buzzworthy necklaces – handcrafted with their signature suede strap and organic/eco-friendly materials like shells and naturally-shed antlers and teeth. To spice up a little black dress or a casual outfit, these necklaces are making a big statement.